About us and these terms
- Hi, we’re Design Template and welcome to Design Template, a subscription service for digital Items devised by designers and creatives from around the world. When we say ‘Design Template', 'we’, or ‘us’, it’s because that’s who we are and we own and run our creative platform.
- When you create a Design Template account and accept these terms you become a constituent member of our ingenious community. Also during your association with us, you agree to follow the ground rules sketched in these terms so please read and understand them carefully. We’ll be glum if you think of not accepting the terms, but you will need to leave because your presence on and use of the Design Template platform is conditional on your acceptance to be bound by these terms whether you become a member or not.
- The entities on Design Template are owned by the respective rightsholder. They are empowered to you under the terms of the Design Template License (as amended from time to time) at the direction of the authors.
How browsing and membership works
- Browsing: You must be 16 years and over to browse Design Template. We usually don’t permit ourselves to consciously gather any information from anyone aged 16 or under. When browsing Design Template you approve to obey our guidelines or instructions and keep in mind that these terms apply to any use of Design Template whether or not you’re a member.
- Content available to browsing users: On certain parts of Design Template (such as the Design Template WordPress plugin), a limited range of content is made available to you without the requirement of a Design Template membership or subscription. The content made available to you without requiring a membership or subscription is also subject to the Design Template License.
How to subscribe?
- Subscription types: When you become a Subscriber you get to access our library of Items that must be used in consonance with the Design Template License.
- If your company has over 50 employees, please contact us to discuss an Enterprise account.
- Authority to agree to these terms: If you are a company or organization, both you and the real person who signs up on your behalf represent and authenticate that this person has the authority to bind your company or organization.
- Age: You need to be 18 years or over to become a subscriber. If you’re under 18 you will need to use the account of a parent or legal guardian who is at least 18 years of age, with their authorization, and this adult will be accountable for all your activities.
- Your responsibility: You promise that the information you give us is genuine, authentic, and complete and that you will keep your account information up-to-date (including a current email address). Your subscription is not transferable. You are responsible for any use of Design Template that happens in conjunction with your username and password. Hence we recommend keeping your password secure and not letting any other person use your username or password. If case you discover any unauthorized usage of your password or any infringement of security you need to let us know instantly.
How downloading and registering Items works
- What do you get when you download and register an Item?
. License: When you download an Item as a Subscriber, you will be asked to register that Item. Upon registration, you will be granted a license from us to use that Item for the purpose you nominate during the signup/registration process.
- Effect of ceasing subscription: As Design Template is a subscription service, particular rights granted under an Item license are only applicable for as long as your Design Template subscription is active. If you've registered Items for specific projects, they retain a valid license after your subscription ends. But for trial licenses, free files, and everything else, you'll need to remove the Items from any associated product, project, or end-use.
- Services:As a Subscriber, you also acquire services from us like account support, fraud protection, library-quality control, and other related services.
- Support:We do our best to ensure that Items are of high quality. However, due to the unlimited downloads on Design Template, the Items do not include the level of after-sale support that you would find for similar items purchased separately on Design Template Market. Please reach out to us if your project requires a particular level of support.
Third-party products and services:
- As a Subscriber, you may also have access to, or be eligible for special offers in relation to, products and services provided by our partnered suppliers (Third Party Offers). News about Third-Party Offers will be published on our website.
- The redemption of a Third Party Offer is subject to terms and conditions set by our partners. You should read and make sure that you agree to the applicable terms and conditions before redeeming any Third Party Offer.
- The description of products and services constituting part of a Third Party Offer published on our site, and any associated links, have been provided to us by the suppliers. While we have taken appropriate measures to check the accurateness of the descriptions, the suppliers are solely responsible for any representations contained in those descriptions. Further, we do not endorse or assume any responsibility for those products and services.
- The suppliers might make, or be required by relevant laws to make, other promises to you as a consumer. Check their terms and conditions to see what they say.
Transacting as a Subscriber:
- You can pay for your subscription via PayPal or credit card. You may be mandated to pay a handling fee depending on the mode of payment you prefer.
- By signing on as a Subscriber you must agree to the individual payment terms that relate to your preferred method of payment, as notified to you. You agree that at the conclusion of a time-limited free trial offer, your subscription will automatically renew at the pricing and frequency notified to you at the start of the trial or offer.
- In the event that you select an ongoing, regular payment method (for example a monthly credit card or PayPal payment) and that payment fails to occur, we may immediately discontinue your subscription until payment has been made. If we discontinue your subscription, your rights under these terms and the Design Template License will also be suspended.
- Currency conversion costs: You are responsible for all costs of currency conversion relating to your Design Template subscription. Your financial institution does the currency conversion and may charge you additional fees (we don’t control either the conversion rates or your financial institution’s fees).
- This means that you may incur additional costs when subscribing to Design Template, which we have no control over.
- Terms of subscribing: When you subscribe to Design Template, you do so on the following terms:
You promise to us that you understand what you can and can’t do with your downloaded Items in accordance with the Design Template License;
- We and the authors do not promise that any particular Item will continue to be available on Design Template;
- once you register an Item, you obtain a non-exclusive license to use the Item under the terms set out in the Design Template License(non-exclusive means others might also license the same Item); and
- you do not acquire any ownership rights in a downloaded Item.
- It is important that you understand the terms on which you are making a purchase. Please take the time to review this section carefully.
The final prices and fees are inclusive of transactional taxes where appropriate (like VAT and GST). Our promotional materials will state whether or not the price is inclusive or exclusive of transactional taxes.
- You are responsible for paying all other fees and taxes associated with your use of Design Template wherever imposed. Your responsibility includes withholding tax if it applies unless we have already processed that withholding tax. We may collect geographical location information to determine your location, which may be used for tax purposes (so the location information you give us must be accurate for tax residency purposes).
Refunds and Cancelations
- Given the nature of digital content, we do not generally offer a refund or credit on a purchased subscription unless we have made changes to these terms that materially affect you to your detriment or any relevant consumer protection laws. If you would like to request a refund or credit you should open a help request. If you cancel a subscription due to us making a change to our terms that materially affect you to your detriment then you will obtain a refund for any whole unused months remaining in your subscription period.
- We will assess refund or credit requests on their merits. There is generally no obligation to provide a refund or credit in situations like the following:
you have changed your mind about your subscription;
- you subscribed by mistake;
- you do not have sufficient expertise to use the Items made available;
- you ask for goodwill; or
- you can no longer access any of your desired Items because they have been withdrawn from Design Template (we advise you to download Items as soon as you license them to avoid this situation).
- If we decide to issue a refund or credit, this will generally be done using the same manner used to make the purchase. Any payment made to you will be made in the currency Design Template offered to you when you purchased your subscription (either Euros or US Dollars), under the rules of the payment method.
- It is important that you understand how refunds work.
- Disputes lodged with payment agents: If, as a Subscriber, you lodge a dispute with a payment agent, this will result in a freezing of your Design Template subscription and your Design Template account until the dispute is raised with the payment agent has been canceled. This drives it intricate to resolve any related issues so we encourage you to contact us directly first to see if we can help resolve any problems.
- What we own: We own all the Design Template Content that we have put on Design Template (unless otherwise stated and excluding content owned by others). This comprises the design, compilation, look and feel of the Design Template site, copyright, designs, trademarks, and other intellectual property on Design Template. We own all the trademarks, logos, service marks, and trade names on Design Template (unless otherwise stated and excluding these things owned by others). You will not copy, distribute, modify or make derivative works of any of our Design Template Content or use any of our intellectual property in any way not expressly stated in these terms.
- What we don’t own: We do not own the Items on Design Template; the Items are owned by the authors. However, we have the right to sublicense the Items to you on the terms of the Design Template License.
Our use of your information
- Confidential Information: We value your information and take reasonable precautions to protect it. While using Design Template, you may also become conscious of confidential information about us, or someone else. You promise to not reveal any personal information made available to you through Design Template to any other person.
- Eligibility, suspension, or termination: Being a Subscriber is not an automatic right, it is a benefit for those who follow our reasonable rules. We hope that you will be with us for a long time. But we may, using reasonable discretion, decide whether or not your use of Design Template complies with these terms. We can suspend or terminate your subscription account at any time for any reason (acting reasonably of course) including:
If you breach these terms;
- if you act in a way that does not align with the values of our community; or
- if you act in a way that could cause us or others harm.
- If we do decide to permanently terminate your Design Template account you must not apply for a new account as unfortunately, you will no longer be welcome in our community. This decision may also apply to all of your Design Template accounts you use on other Design Template sites.
- We may use the services of another Design Template Company to collect payment or carry out other activities with you to bring you Design Template.
Liability and indemnity - between us and Subscribers
- You indemnify us against all losses, costs (including legal costs on a full indemnity basis), expenses, demands or liability that we incur emerging out of, or in connection with, a third-party claim against us relating to the use of Design Template, any Item or the products or services forming part of any Third Party Offer.
- Our liability to you in connection with Design Template or these terms, in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, is limited as follows:
We exclude liability for any of these things incurred by you: loss of revenue, loss of profit, loss of goodwill, loss of customers, loss of capital, damage to reputation, loss in connection with any other contract, loss of data, or indirect, consequential or special loss, damage or expense; and
- our comprehensive aggregate liability to you is otherwise limited to the total amounts paid by you to us for your Design Template subscription in the 6 months immediately preceding the date on which the claim giving rise to the liability arose.
- Availability: We strive to have Design Template available to you 24*7, but you understand how the internet works: occasionally you might not be able to access Design Template, and this might occur for any reason, at any time, with or without notice, or at our absolute discretion. We might also change aspects of how Design Template works, including the kinds of Items available on Design Template. The Design Template Companies will not be liable to you for any loss you suffer as a result of these things.
- Third party: If you’re agreeing to these terms on behalf of someone else then you’re promising to us that you have the full legal authority to bind that third party. Remember that only real people can subscribe to Design Template.
- Blocking you, disabling your subscription, or refusing to process a payment: We may block you, terminate your subscription, or refuse to process a payment if we reasonably believe there is a risk associated with you, your subscription, or that payment, including if it breaches a law or regulation. Examples of where we might do this include, transactions where the payment is from or to a person or country sanctioned by an authority (like the United Nations, the United States government or the Australian government); or where we reasonably believe there is a legal or regulatory risk or a risk of loss being suffered by us or our members. You promise that you are not located in a sanctioned country and are not on a sanctioned person list. We may also block members from a country if we can’t make payments to or from that country. You should check what payment methods are available in your country for making payments. We may carry out any of the actions stated in this section without notice and against all of your Design Template accounts you use on other Design Template sites. As our sites are global, there are different laws that may apply and these may restrict our relationship with you.
- Relationship between the parties: Nothing in these terms is to be construed as constituting a partnership, joint venture, employment, or agency relationship between you and us, or between you and any other member. Neither you nor us can bind each other in any way.
- Notices: Any notice we send to you will be emailed to the email address you provided to us.
- Interpretation: Words like ‘include’ and ‘including’ are not words of limitation and where anything is within our discretion we mean our sole discretion.
Design Template: DesignTemplate
Design Template Content: is all the content that we have put on Design Template and includes the design, compilation, and look and feel of Design Template, and copyright, trademarks, designs and other intellectual property on Design Template (unless otherwise stated and excluding content owned by others like author content)
Handling fee: the fee Subscribers may pay, depending on their subscription payment method.
Items: digital goods found on Design Template, which may (but won’t necessarily) include goods like graphic design templates, elements, After Effects project files, Motion Graphics templates, Stock Footage, and much, much more.
Subscriber: a person who signs up by creating an account and accepting these terms.
Payment method: any payment agent or method we make available on Design Template.